Terms and Conditions for Stockists Only
All quotations are made and all orders placed with The Tool Connection Limited (the company) are subject to terms listed below. No variation to these terms shall be valid or effective. The company’s acceptance of any purchase order containing terms and conditions at variance with, or in addition to these terms shall not modify or vary these terms unless a representative of the company expressly accepts in writing such modifications or variations.
- PRICES: Prices charged for goods will be those current at date of receipt of order at our offices. Prices shown within our current price list or quoted by any other media will be exclusive of V.A.T.
- AVAILABILITY: All orders are accepted subject to availability and on the understanding that if goods are not supplied they will be cancelled off the original order. The Tool Connection Limited does not operate a back order system.
- MINIMUM ORDER VALUE: £100 Excluding VAT. A Carriage charge will be made for all orders below this value.
- EXPORT CUSTOMERS: All orders will be accepted on an Ex-Works basis unless otherwise specified.
- PAYMENT TERMS: Approved accounts due 30 days net. Interest at a rate of 4% above the quoted Bank of England base rate will be charged on all overdue accounts. The Tool Connection Limited reserves the right to refuse to accept any orders against a credit account.
- GUARANTEE: All the goods in our range are warranted to do the work for which they are designed and intended. If any goods are shown, to our reasonable satisfaction, to be defective, by reason of faulty materials or workmanship, whilst being used for their proper purpose, they will be replaced or repaired free of charge or we will credit our customers, if returned carriage paid within 12 months of purchase. A copy of the end user sales receipt must also be enclosed for each item with full details of the specific reason for the return. Items that show fair wear and tear or damage through misuse are not product faults and will not be considered for replacement or credit. Stockists are not authorised to replace goods from stock and we remind stockists to assess the condition of the product before applying for a replacement or credit. No liability is accepted for any claims for materials or consequential losses. Cutting Tools and Cutting edges for example, drill bits, hacksaw blades and chisels are classed as consumable. Other products such as power bar heads, reducers, T40 Bits are also classed as consumable and are available as spare parts. A full list of these products is available on request. Our guarantee extends only to those component parts found to be faulty and not to complete sets.
- RETURN OF GOODS: All goods supplied in accordance with customers orders will not be accepted for return without prior consent by The Tool Connection Limited, which does not deal on a sale or return basis. Prior to the return of faulty goods, customers must fax through to the office a list of the items to be returned. A Carrier Returns Label will then be issued.
- CANCELLATIONS: Orders may not be cancelled once in transit.
- CLAIMS FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE IN TRANSIT: Shortages or damage should be advised within 2 days of receipt. Claims after this period will not be accepted. The carrier’s delivery note must be endorsed ‘received damaged / open / missing’. Non delivery must be advised in writing within 14 days of the invoice date. The buyer will be liable for payment if the above 2 conditions are not observed.
- DELIVERY: Special delivery items received prior to 1.00pm will be despatched same day and will be subject to a carriage charge. Although every effort will be made to achieve requested delivery dates, we will not be liable for any loss, direct, indirect or consequential arising from delay in delivery.
- DISPLAY MERCHANDISE: All display equipment is supplied on a strict loan basis and must only be used for the selling of ‘Laser’, ‘Kamasa’, ‘Gunson’, ‘Power-TEC’ or ‘Connect Workshop Consumables’ branded products. Title to this equipment shall never pass to the customer and we reserve the right to re-possess any display units as we deem necessary.
- SPECIFICATIONS: Every effort has been made to ensure that items in ‘Laser’, ‘Kamasa’, ‘Gunson’, ‘Power-TEC’, ‘Connect Workshop Consumables’ and ‘Toolbase’ branded marketing material and published current price lists are accurately specified and believed to fit the purpose described. No warranty to this effect is given and no responsibility can be accepted in the event of injury or damage arising from an error or misleading description. We reserve the right to amend designs or specifications, or discontinue lines without prior notice.
- FORCE MAJEURE: The Tool Connection Limited shall not be responsible for any loss, damage or non-performance of any contract arising, directly or indirectly, from any cause outside the control of the company.
- TITLE TO GOODS: Title to goods shall remain with The Tool Connection Limited until payment is received in full. The customer shall only be at liberty to re-sell the goods purchased from the company prior to the passing of title, on the understanding that the customer will hold on trust on our behalf the proceeds of the sale of these goods. If payment of any invoice is not made by the due date then The Tool Connection Limited, may require that the goods be returned carriage paid. After delivery of the goods to the customer and not withstanding that the title of goods has passed to the customer, they shall be at the customer’s risk and any loss or damage incurred while in the care of the customer will not prejudice the contract to make full payment of the goods.
- PAYMENT BY BACS: For payment by BACS please use the following account details:
Bank Lloyds Bank Plc
Address City Office
71 Lombard Street
Account No. 0643454
Sort Code 30-00-02
Name on Acc. The Tool Connection Limited
Please may we draw your attention to Point 11; stating the stands remains the property of The Tool Connection Limited and in the event of our terms not being adhered to, we have the right to re-possess them. Also, the goods themselves remain our property and can also be re-possessed if not paid for. We will make a search with a credit reference agency, which we will be kept and shared with other businesses if requested. We may also make enquiries about the principal directors with a credit reference agency.