Warehouse Team Leader (Full Time Shift Work)
Posted on 04/10/2018 10:00:00
The Tool Connection is a market leader in the automotive aftermarket sector and sells five major brands - Laser (specialist hand tools), Gunson (classic specialist tools), Kamasa (general tool market), Power Tec (body repair) & Connect (consumables).
The company is a stimulating and challenging place to work and due to our continued growth & development, we are now looking to recruit a team leader to manage a team of operatives to ensure smooth running of the Warehouse.
We are keen to speak to enthusiastic people with warehouse experience who enjoy working methodically and who are interested in helping us improve and develop efficient processes within the warehouse.
Location: Southam, Warwickshire
Hours: 40hrs a week, across shifts rotating weekly (7.00 – 3.30 p.m., 8.30 – 17.00, 11:30 – 20.00, 15.30 - 00.00) Monday - Friday
Salary: TBC depending on experience
Working with other Team Leaders and under the guidance of the Deputy Warehouse Manager & Warehouse Manager, ensure all staff on the shift work effectively and efficiently to make sure the warehouse operates to maximum efficiency at all times. You will have the opportunity to be involved in a broad range of activities within the warehouse and will have an active role supporting the warehouse managers and HR Manager. General parts of the role include:
- Working with other staff to ensure goods are received in the warehouse in the correct manner and investigating issues regarding damaged stock.
- Managing rolling stock takes ensuring al items ready for counting and products stocked in correct locations.
- Ensuring a safe system of work within the warehouse and making sure work areas are kept clear.
- Supervising warehouse operatives to ensure deliveries are dealt with on time and relevant paperwork completed.
- Being a key holder in conjunction with other team leaders to ensure premises is secure at all times.
- Being a first aider and fire warden.
- Conducting regular racking inspections and reporting damage to the warehouse manager.
- Complying with all health and safety legislation.
- Working with other team leaders to ensure adequate cover at all times.
- Handling basic disciplinary actions and investigations.
- Receiving orders, ensuring that these are correct and are ready for picking.
- Managing a team of warehouse operatives by target setting, debriefing on daily tasks and ensuring most efficient processes are adopted at all times within the team.
The role would suit someone who enjoys working as part of a team to meet common objectives and targets but who is also to take on leadership of that team and make decisions. Previous experience of working within a warehouse is essential. You must possess excellent communication skills, be methodical and show good attention to detail as well as being punctual and reliable and able to demonstrate good organisational skills. You will possess good capability to be able to manage a team of operatives, and ensure that all job requirements are being met within the team so that orders are processed efficiently. You must be able to be flexible within the shift pattern to cover sickness and holidays and able to work overtime as and when required. You must also possess a good understanding of health and safety and within the workplace and disciplinary processes.
- 25 days holiday plus standard 8 bank holidays
- Birthday day off
- Discretionary sick pay (after qualifying period)
- Free staff parking
- Staff Discount
- Pension scheme
- Healthcare cash plan
- Life assurance scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- As well as other incentives, rewards and staff social events
To apply, please send us a copy of your CV together with a cover letter stating your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org